The aims and objectives clearly emphasise both the breadth of study and the development of practical abilities based over three years.
The course aim is intended to:
- Promote the progressive mastery of musical theatre for professional development and fulfilment.
- Encourage the development of leadership, personal, social and physical skills.
- Provide opportunities for participation as a performer.
- Encourage creative and critical understanding.
Develop an increasing awareness of cultural and historical contributions to the arts
The course objective is to provide opportunities for each student to demonstrate:
- Confident and established technique and mastery of subjects studied.
- Self-confidence, personal discipline, inter-personal skills, teamwork and leadership.
- An informed response to critical and creative decisions.
- Knowledge and understanding of musical theatre in relation to professional contexts.
- Knowledge of the demands and requirements placed upon professionals working in the industry.