LCPA was founded in 1999 by principal Ann Oliver MBE. The course is open to students 16 years and over who are seeking professional training in performing arts. At LCPA we enable students to attain the highest possible standard.
This is because we:
- Provide all students with opportunities to experience and understand a broad base of skills.
- Place an emphasis on technique and performance.
- Enable students to work towards qualifications that meet their aspirations for a range of careers.
Encourage students to select pathways that provide for the development of abilities and interests.
Students have the opportunity to develop and explore:
- Creative expression.
- Contextual knowledge of different techniques and performance styles.
- The physical fitness and stamina required for work as a performer.
Performance abilities necessary for auditioning and gaining employment in the industry.
On completion of the course, our aims are to help place graduates in their chosen profession.